Monday, May 25, 2020

From Reality to the Virtual


The above picture shows the dramatic interior of my studio during the years 1995-2005 when I temporary deserted my adopted Caribbean for the North of England, the place of my birth. In those days I opened to visitors every Saturday afternoon. The record attendance was two hundred real life visitors in the space of three hours on a day that you wouldn't have turned a dog out.

Below is my present studio in Dominica. The picture shows a corner of the gallery. In addition there are separate spaces for sculpture, painting, mold making, craft work, paper making, metal work and teaching. It ranks as the largest and most diverse studio space in the Caribbean.


The difference between the two in terms of visitors, is the difference between reality and virtual. They now visit on-line from over seventy-two countries around the world. 

My few real life visitors are flabbergasted. They say it's a rare find!

No comments:

Post a Comment