Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Speak no English


Above is the final clay sketch of my current sculpture and below is work in progress on the wax mold. I had to force myself from going on and on: enough is enough. My objective was to portray the down to earth beauty of the nude rather than an idealised image. 



In readiness for slightly softening the wax to aid releasing of the final plaster cast, I went to town today in search of a hair drying. In Dominica we have a multitude of Chinese shops that sell cheap electronic gadgets. But alas, the assistants "Speak no English". On miming my requirement, and what I took to be a promising "ah" in response, the first shop came up with an electric hair clipper, the second with a lady's purple synthetic hair piece and the third with a restorative hair shampoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment