Wednesday, May 13, 2020

You must believe in Spring

Over the last few weeks I have increased the frequency of posts to cater for the increase of my followers since the COVID-19 pandemic brought the world to a standstill. Previously my audience comprised mostly of artists and art students. It now extends to the public at large: to new followers in the Philippines, Turkmenistan and seventy other countries around the world. 

My controversial sculptures Reflection and You Must Believe in Spring  were intended for the cancer wing of a new hospital in the UK. Both represented life's renewal and at this point in time the message is apt for us all.   


 You Must Believe in Spring

Go to pages 60-63 of the book Notes on the Nude for more background information on this sculpture.

On a lighter note, I came across this appropriate and true message on a blog that I follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment